Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Georg Franzen
- Clinical psychologist (BDP/DGPs), psychoanalyst (DGAP), group analyst and art psychologist. Further training in Katathym-Imaginative Psychotherapy (KIP), Clinical Hypnosis and Positive Psychotherapy.
- 1992 PhD on ‘Sigmund Freud and Michelangelo’s Moses’ at the University of Bremen.
- 2016 Habilitation in art therapy and applied art psychology in the field of psychotherapy science at SFU Vienna.
- 1986-1999 Worked as a psychologist in social psychiatry and as a research assistant.
- Since 1999 psychotherapist in private practice in Celle.
- 1997-2004 Lecturer at the University of Bremen. Since 2003 co-director of psychotherapy training at the INITA Institute, Hanover.
- Supervisor and training therapist for psychodynamic psychotherapy. Further training authorisation for depth psychology, AT and hypnosis by the Medical Association of Lower Saxony. Expert for psychotherapy (KBV). Member of the chamber assembly of the PK Lower Saxony. First chairman of the German Society for Art Therapy (DGKT) and co-editor of the journal Musik-, Tanz – und Kunsttherapie (Music, Dance and Art Therapy). Several years as chairman of the Professional Association of German Psychologists (BDP) Lower Saxony.
- Publications and research focus: Creative methods in psychotherapy